About the Auburn Branch
The Auburn Branch has seen many locations since it was first established as the Auburn Reading Room in 1888. After making do with six temporary homes, the Auburn Branch finally found its current, purpose-built location on Pontiac Ave in 1991. In addition to popular and regularly scheduled reading and knitting groups, the Auburn Branch has become quite popular for the ESL courses offered on-site by the Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiative (RIFLI). This location also houses Cranston Public Library’s Books @ Home program.