The Cranston Public Library brings people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and strengthen the community.
We strive to provide:
- Library services that are known and valued by the community, resulting in broad use by the public
- An engaging cultural and lifelong learning center for the community
- Services and collections that are readily accessible and easy to use and that are relevant to community needs
- An enthusiastic, well-trained and highly capable staff that works well together to provide quality service to all library users
- Facilities that are inviting and well maintained
- Tools and programs that provide equitable access to new technology and support a growing workforce
- Timely and accurate information that informs and empowers the public
- Defense of intellectual freedom and the confidentiality of each individual's use of the library
- A close working relationship with other libraries, community agencies and organizations that fosters cooperation, making the most efficient and effective use of taxpayer resources
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility:
The Cranston Public Library deeply values equity of access to information and resources and the pursuit of intellectual freedom for all patrons. In support of these principles, we welcome all members of the community and seek to provide a safe and inclusive space for all visitors, regardless of race or color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, disability, age, national or ethnic origin, or socio-economic status.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on September 20, 2021
Revised by the Board of Trustees on September 13, 2023